Grease traps are designed to do just what the name implies, which is to trap fatty oils, greases, and sludge, and to separate the oils from water. The substances pass through a catching system, which gives them time to cool off and solidify, and the water passes through the drain as normal. This system must be maintained regularly in order to work effectively in keeping your grease trap clean.
Grease trap cleaning should be:
- A regular part of your facility’s maintenance routine. The EPA requires that these traps remain clutter-free and functional. Failure to comply is a criminal offense in most locations.
- For optimal results, you should perform a vigorous grease trap cleaning a minimum of every 90 days. This will have multiple benefits, including minimizing foul odors emanating from the trap, preventing it from overflowing into your business or the street, and guaranteeing its effectiveness.
- There are many different methods available for disposal of grease trap waste. Rather than to just throw the debris in the garbage, which goes to a dump, consider available alternatives, such as companies that recycle the waste into usable bio fuel, garbage companies that use special disposal techniques for fatty liquids, oils, or grease.
- Wait until the day before trash pickup in your area to clean the traps. This will minimize the time the waste must sit in your garbage, thereby also minimizing the odor.
- Never use grease trap additives including bacteria or enzymes. These products push the grease from the trap into the sanitary sewer. The grease eventually re hardens and causes severe grease blockages.
- An alternative technology, the grease recovery device does not require grease trap pumping or cleaning. Recovered grease does not go landfill. It is recyclable for future biodiesel use with the waste vegetable oil from a restaurant’s deep-fryer.
For any grease trap cleaning questions call All Septic All Plumbing.
“It doesn’t get any faster than ASAP!”
For grease trap service today call:
Ft. Myers Area Naples Area Pt. Charlotte Area
(239) 997-2727 (239) 304-2727 (941) 255-2727